Building oss community inside mas

Harisfazillah Jamel-2

My friend in mas (malaysian airline system) would like to create oss
community in mas. They already build numbers of system using oss and
want it to be continue.

any comments and howto colabarate?

My Blog
http://blog.harisfazillah.info/

My Network
http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/

Facebook Fan page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98685301577

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Source-Developers-Club-Malaysia/80292283545

Groups "OSDC.my Mailing List" group.
For more options, visit this group at

Re: Building oss community inside mas

IzharFirdaus

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Harisfazillah
Jamel<[hidden email]> wrote:

> My friend in mas (malaysian airline system) would like to create oss
> community in mas. They already build numbers of system using oss and
> want it to be continue.
>
> any comments and howto colabarate?

foss communities need a mailing list!! .. create one :)

next, a basic site and a wiki

and of course, without dedicated people keeping the community moving,
it wont go anywhere ..

(/me wonders if MAS want to release their system to public)

if they want to create a development community related to FOSS systems
they are building within MAS, the sourcecodes should be put in version
control, and should create at least a ticket tracker for reporting
issues related to the system, and a wiki for documentation (TRAC
provide this as all-in-one package)

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」

Facebook Fan page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98685301577

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Source-Developers-Club-Malaysia/80292283545

Groups "OSDC.my Mailing List" group.
For more options, visit this group at

Re: Building oss community inside mas

cawanpink
they want their own community there? errr.... better join existing community instead of forming a new one. unless they already know how oss community works, better cari feeling dulu and see how oss collaborate with each other

and joining existing community will give better exposure on what they've been doing at mas

Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
http://cawanpink.net
http://fosschix.my

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM, nuhaa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> they want their own community there? errr.... better join existing community instead of forming a new one. unless they already know how oss community works, better cari feeling dulu and see how oss collaborate with each other

+++1

> and joining existing community will give better exposure on what they've been doing at mas
>

> Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
> http://cawanpink.net
> http://fosschix.my
>

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> My friend in mas (malaysian airline system) would like to create oss
>> community in mas. They already build numbers of system using oss and
>> want it to be continue.
>>
>> any comments and howto colabarate?
>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
>>
>> My Blog
>> http://blog.harisfazillah.info/
>>
>> My Network
>> http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MohdIzharFirdaus
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

Facebook Fan page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98685301577

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Source-Developers-Club-Malaysia/80292283545

Groups "OSDC.my Mailing List" group.
For more options, visit this group at

Re: Building oss community inside mas

I believe  they already or want to join. But at certain level we need
to understand the nature of their work and at certain level the level
of secretcy limit what they can share or join.

On 6/19/09, nuhaa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> they want their own community there? errr.... better join existing community
> instead of forming a new one. unless they already know how oss community
> works, better cari feeling dulu and see how oss collaborate with each other
>
> and joining existing community will give better exposure on what they've
> been doing at mas
>

> Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
> http://cawanpink.net
> http://fosschix.my
>

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Harisfazillah Jamel <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> My friend in mas (malaysian airline system) would like to create oss
>> community in mas. They already build numbers of system using oss and
>> want it to be continue.
>>
>> any comments and howto colabarate?
>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
>>
>> My Blog
>> http://blog.harisfazillah.info/
>>
>> My Network
>> http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/

My Blog
http://blog.harisfazillah.info/

My Network
http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/

Facebook Fan page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=98685301577

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Source-Developers-Club-Malaysia/80292283545

Groups "OSDC.my Mailing List" group.
For more options, visit this group at

Re: Building oss community inside mas

ApOgEE
Heheh... FYI, itiknila / wanfahmi is one of MAS pilot and is already in Ubuntu-my community. you may contact him at [hidden email]

or is he the person who asked about this?

--
Best Wishes,

ApOgEE a.k.a JeRuNgKuN
https://edge.launchpad.net/~apogee - ApOgEE on LaunchPad