Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

sweemeng ng
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

As the title.

Me as a python fanboi is happy

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

red1
Heh, Java is still tops at 17.773% with +0.29% from last year.
Python is at 5th place, 6.265% with +1.81% since last year.

On 1/9/11 8:03 AM, sweemeng ng wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> As the title.
>
> Me as a python fanboi is happy

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

Mohd Kamal Bin Mustafa
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
> As the title.
> Me as a python fanboi is happy

Then let's make 2011 the year for Python in .my. We should start
brainstorming what would make Python gaining traction. Do we need to
follow the same path as PHP ?

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

sweemeng ng
Python.my is started, i don't want to focus on language, i still think there is place for everyone. But we do need more programming related event for osdc.my(just saying), So a meetup would be good

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Mohd Kamal Bin Mustafa <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
> As the title.
> Me as a python fanboi is happy

Then let's make 2011 the year for Python in .my. We should start
brainstorming what would make Python gaining traction. Do we need to
follow the same path as PHP ?

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Do agree. We do need more programming related event for OSDC.my .

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Python.my is started, i don't want to focus on language, i still think there
> is place for everyone. But we do need more programming related event for
> osdc.my(just saying), So a meetup would be good

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

Soire Meira
i really want to study python.. someone can give me a guide?

2011/1/9 Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]>
Do agree. We do need more programming related event for OSDC.my .

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Python.my is started, i don't want to focus on language, i still think there
> is place for everyone. But we do need more programming related event for
> osdc.my(just saying), So a meetup would be good

Maui Sabily 2010
GPG KeyID: DBDA3074
GPG Fingerprint: 3CCE D281 C894 4FB0 3D22 2141 75C6 E41F DBDA 3074

Soire Meira 2008 - 2010
EascobaNET, Inc 2006 - 2010
Ch0kL@Thack 2002
PaleoY2K 1998 - 2000

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

CL Chow
You can add me on gtalk with this same gmail address, so we can have some sort of discussion  :)

Regards,
CL Chow
"Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/"

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Soire Meira <[hidden email]> wrote:
i really want to study python.. someone can give me a guide?

2011/1/9 Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]>
Do agree. We do need more programming related event for OSDC.my .

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Python.my is started, i don't want to focus on language, i still think there
> is place for everyone. But we do need more programming related event for
> osdc.my(just saying), So a meetup would be good

Maui Sabily 2010
GPG KeyID: DBDA3074
GPG Fingerprint: 3CCE D281 C894 4FB0 3D22 2141 75C6 E41F DBDA 3074

Soire Meira 2008 - 2010
EascobaNET, Inc 2006 - 2010
Ch0kL@Thack 2002
PaleoY2K 1998 - 2000

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

E A Faisal
I tend to agree with Guido's comment on Tiobe index. How come Javascript is well below Python, PHP and even Ruby considering how ubiquitous the language usage is? This make the ranking a little bit questionable.

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM, CL Chow <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can add me on gtalk with this same gmail address, so we can have some sort of discussion  :)

Regards,
CL Chow
"Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/"

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Soire Meira <[hidden email]> wrote:
i really want to study python.. someone can give me a guide?

2011/1/9 Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]>
Do agree. We do need more programming related event for OSDC.my .

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Python.my is started, i don't want to focus on language, i still think there
> is place for everyone. But we do need more programming related event for
> osdc.my(just saying), So a meetup would be good

Maui Sabily 2010
GPG KeyID: DBDA3074
GPG Fingerprint: 3CCE D281 C894 4FB0 3D22 2141 75C6 E41F DBDA 3074

Soire Meira 2008 - 2010
EascobaNET, Inc 2006 - 2010
Ch0kL@Thack 2002
PaleoY2K 1998 - 2000

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

Boh Yap
well,

maybe 'some people' do not consider JS to be a 'real language' seeing
that it 'only' lives within the browser!? It took a long time for
scripting/interpreted languages ie Python, Ruby, PHP to be accepted as
real languages.... remember?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM, E A Faisal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tend to agree with Guido's comment on Tiobe index. How come Javascript is
> well below Python, PHP and even Ruby considering how ubiquitous the language
> usage is? This make the ranking a little bit questionable.
>
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM, CL Chow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You can add me on gtalk with this same gmail address, so we can have some
>> sort of discussion  :)
>> Regards,
>> CL Chow
>> "Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
>> OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/"
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Soire Meira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> i really want to study python.. someone can give me a guide?

>>> --
>>> Maui Sabily 2010
>>> GPG KeyID: DBDA3074
>>> GPG Fingerprint: 3CCE D281 C894 4FB0 3D22 2141 75C6 E41F DBDA 3074
>>>
>>> Soire Meira 2008 - 2010
>>> EascobaNET, Inc 2006 - 2010
>>> Ch0kL@Thack 2002
>>> PaleoY2K 1998 - 2000
>>>
>>> --

#-------
regds,

Boh Heong, Yap

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

IzharFirdaus
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Boh Yap <[hidden email]> wrote:
> well,
>
> maybe 'some people' do not consider JS to be a 'real language' seeing
> that it 'only' lives within the browser!? It took a long time for
> scripting/interpreted languages ie Python, Ruby, PHP to be accepted as
> real languages.... remember?

only in browser? ..

/me stares at node.js

http://nodejs.org/

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

Re: Python is the language of the year in tiobe!!!

E A Faisal
What are the criteria to become a "real" language apart from being Turing complete?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Boh Yap <[hidden email]> wrote:
> well,
>
> maybe 'some people' do not consider JS to be a 'real language' seeing
> that it 'only' lives within the browser!? It took a long time for
> scripting/interpreted languages ie Python, Ruby, PHP to be accepted as
> real languages.... remember?

only in browser? ..

/me stares at node.js

http://nodejs.org/