[osdcmy] Mozilla Malaysia Localization Camp #mozmyl10n 2011

[osdcmy] Mozilla Malaysia Localization Camp #mozmyl10n 2011

Muhammad Syafiq
Hi everyone,

just to announce about this event,

Mozilla Malaysia Localization Camp  #mozmyl10n 2011

Background

Mozilla Localization (L10n) camp promotes software localization of Mozilla software using web based localization tool Narro (https://l10n.mozilla.org/n​arro/).

This hands-on camp is conducted by experienced member of Localization Team or technology evangelist in a jargon-free language. The camps brings about interaction among experienced localization team members and the participants of the camp. The camp also help improve the quality of the existing localization using the translation review methods.

Goal

Enable non-technical participants learn to contribute translations using simple web based interface
Community building with interaction among new and experienced localization team members
Improve translation quality using peer review

Format

20 minute talk (with slides, exercises and demo)
Workout Session (Participants work on exercise and translations in small teams assisted by an experienced member of Localization team)
Material (Handbook, exercise sheets)
Software (USB pen drive with Locale specific fonts, keyboard layout software)

Challenges
Lack of Internet access
Narro is still in development, users experienced connection failures
Unavailable of experienced Localization team members
Non-standard language code page issues

Where

@barcampkl 2011 cyberjaya

What time to spend for session

1-2 Hours (after dinner, night session)

Mission

to encourage more people to join this simple work and Awareness about mozilla project which they may contributing with this localization project too.

Vision

More people joining contributing in Mozilla Project.

Any question,

Thank you.

Selamat Berpuasa!

محمد شافق بن مذلي
Muhammad Syafiq Bin Mazli
http://syafiqmazli.tumblr.com
67C2 1C07 FDEC 09ED DE58
1ED8 FF26 6105 142D CBE2

Re: [osdcmy] Mozilla Malaysia Localization Camp #mozmyl10n 2011

Muhammad Syafiq

Thank hanxue for your interest,

You may post your detail on our form as previous post in our mailing list and follow tutorial me wrote. Keep in touch! You also can ask question or suggestion to our community. Welcome to mozilla malaysia community!

Cheer!