[osdcmy] Re: MMU Workshop

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Eric

Do agree and I do remember your had suggest this during Inter distro
workshop at hackerspace. Keep on pushing bro...

CC to OSDC.my for promotion and support. :)

Join us at

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Slaya Chronicles - Geeko Acolyte
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear fellow Mozilla tech aficionados,
>
> Furthering my suggestion to hold workshops for noobs to Mozilla Tech, I have
> a few things on my mind:
>
> I believe workshops will be better since many would prefer to get down and
> do something rather than just listening to some guy.
>
> The type of workshops I have in mind should cover the inner workings of the
> Mozilla platform and creating something simple like changing the type of RSS
> Feeds/Bookmarks, skinning and packaging this "new" version into a localised
> version for organisations or even universities. This is the sort of
> localisation I was referring to - based on the needs of the targeted users
> (a micro approach) rather than just solely on language translation (a macro
> approach).
> Knowing the micro approach can be beneficial; as it can be a means of
> revenue. Consider the appeal of having a customised web browser for a Govt
> agency, with all their relevant bookmarks, feeds and agency colours.
>
> Translation is a good start for beginners (like me!) to understand the
> fundamentals of Mozilla tech and its associative ecosystem i.e. how to work
> with the translation files, checking in and out of source trees etc.
>
> I believe that Mozilla tech is neutral across all platforms and will appeal
> to the tribal FOSS communities.
>
> I do not know anyone in the Mozilla community - so therefore I need
> assistance from people to make this happen. I will talk with others to get
> their assistance.
>
> Comments?
>
> Eric

Malaysia Open Source Software Conference 2011
MOSC2011 http://www.mosc.my/

Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012 (MOSC2012)
http://portal.mosc.my/

LinuxMalaysia Network
http://www.facebook.com/Bukan.Sekadar.Internet.Sahaja

Harisfazillah Jamel

Re: [osdcmy] Re: MMU Workshop

Hasanuddin Abu Bakar
Hi,
Nice idea about workshop. But please arrange this workshop with Gen for time and slot allocation. Syafiq Mazli leads Malaysia Mozilla Community. So far Syafiq only arrange translation workshop and Gen sends someone from Mozilla translation team for the event. To make any other workshop happen, please discus with them.