[osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

12

[osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Team

What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
and flow of programming

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704

Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.

I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
learn programming.

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Hasanuddin Abu Bakar
Yeah, mIRC script. a very brilliant and got a wide range of build in functions to have fun with. even can code 3D games with it.

http://www.mircscripts.org/
http://www.mirc.net/view/mscripts

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Team

What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
and flow of programming

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704

Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.

I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
learn programming.

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

darXness darXness
err...html boleh ke?hihii..

1st,html.
2nd,C.tak sempat nak blajar C++.hahaha

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ahmad Amran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For me it's PHP 10 years ago. Gila lama. Pandai jer tak. Haha.
>
> Sent from my phone
> On Jul 30, 2011, at 12:28 PM, Hasanuddin Abu Bakar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Yeah, mIRC script. a very brilliant and got a wide range of build in
> functions to have fun with. even can code 3D games with it.
>
> http://www.mircscripts.org/
> http://www.mirc.net/view/mscripts
>

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Team
>>
>> What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
>> and flow of programming
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704
>>
>> Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this
>> email.
>>
>> I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
>> learn programming.
>>
>> --
>>
>> OSDC.my Discussion Group In Facebook
>> http://www.facebook.com/groups/osdcmalaysia/
>>
>> Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012
>> MOSC2012 http://portal.mosc.my/

> OSDC.my Discussion Group In Facebook
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/osdcmalaysia/
>
> Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012
> MOSC2012 http://portal.mosc.my/

> OSDC.my Discussion Group In Facebook
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/osdcmalaysia/
>
> Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012
> MOSC2012 http://portal.mosc.my/

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2

Hehe. Html don't have logic. You have to combine with javascript and css to make something out of it.

On 30 Jul 2011 12:55, "darXness darXness" <[hidden email]> wrote:

err...html boleh ke?hihii..

1st,html.
2nd,C.tak sempat nak blajar C++.hahaha

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ahmad Amran <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For me it's PHP 10 years ...

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2

Hehe. Html don't have logic. You have to combine with javascript and csss to make something out of it.

On 30 Jul 2011 12:55, "darXness darXness" <[hidden email]> wrote:

err...html boleh ke?hihii..

1st,html.
2nd,C.tak sempat nak blajar C++.hahaha

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ahmad Amran <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For me it's PHP 10 years ...

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Hasanuddin Abu Bakar
For mIRC fans out there. Have some scripts to test. written by me back in 2004. hehe

http://www.mirc.net/user/bizkut/projects

http://www.mircscripts.org/comments.php?cid=2501

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hehe. Html don't have logic. You have to combine with javascript and csss to make something out of it.

On 30 Jul 2011 12:55, "darXness darXness" <[hidden email]> wrote:

err...html boleh ke?hihii..

1st,html.
2nd,C.tak sempat nak blajar C++.hahaha

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ahmad Amran <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For me it's PHP 10 years ...

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Raja Iskandar Shah
basic, 1983 in singapore - i think it was on ms dos 1.0

the assesment was to develop a flight reservation system

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Hasanuddin Abu Bakar <[hidden email]> wrote:
For mIRC fans out there. Have some scripts to test. written by me back in 2004. hehe

http://www.mirc.net/user/bizkut/projects

http://www.mircscripts.org/comments.php?cid=2501

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hehe. Html don't have logic. You have to combine with javascript and csss to make something out of it.

On 30 Jul 2011 12:55, "darXness darXness" <[hidden email]> wrote:

err...html boleh ke?hihii..

1st,html.
2nd,C.tak sempat nak blajar C++.hahaha

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ahmad Amran <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For me it's PHP 10 years ...

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

Ghodmode
On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Team

What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
and flow of programming

Does basic on the TRS-80 Color Computer 3 in around 1988 count?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80_Color_Computer#Color_Computer_3_.281986.E2.80.931991.29

How about Microsoft QuickBasic around 1990?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickBASIC
The Wikipedia page says the last version was released in 1988, but I'm certain I didn't even have a computer that could run it until 1989.
I actually bought the boxed version that would let me make EXE files... woohoo!! :)

I didn't really start learning anything useful until I started with Perl in 2003, though.

For someone starting today, I'd recommend Python.  The "batteries included" concept and strict coding style guidelines make it easier to work with and learn from existing code.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704

Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.

I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
learn programming.

--
Ghodmode
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic and flow of programming

zarul shahrin
Me me me!! I learned to program through MIRC scripting and my first program was an auto-kick script. Frankly speaking - It was also the one that introduced me to the Linux world and made me replace my Windows 98 with Redhat 5 just a few weeks after getting my first computer. I was so obsessed with MIRC Scripting and Psybnc that I decided to learn Linux so that I could install bitchX and psybnc and also run my own IRC Server.

Best Regards,

Zarul Shahrin

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Ghodmode <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Couldn't agree more with zarul. Aku pun sebijik macam tu jugak. Dan beberapa orang mastah foss start dari mirc.betul tak mastah amir haris aka am|r? xD

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

myusnizam
Agreed

Sent via BlackBerry® 9700

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Team

Start myself with logo in year 1986 and later BASIC. Learn basic
assembler during those day to hack my energy and shield for a game.
Hehehe

Hacking make us to learn programming.

Upgrade myself to C during my Diploma study. Had a problem during that
day. My C compiler on SVR4 Unix and others are using Windows. Hard for
me to share the source. (how Im going to ftp?)

During my work at a bank

I learn basic Cobol for my work. Yep to adjust certain parameter and
automation for my work. I had use NCR9800 VRX/E and DEC VMS. :)

I had build a log monitoring using Visual Basic 3 and running it on
Windows 3.1 I think.

My main love is shell script. Loving doing it. Love to use it to
automated daliy jobs. And we have build Documents Management System
sharing between branches. The processing and compress with shell
scripts and intergrated with HTTPS and htpasswd.

Yes we had use Linux as our backend for the web server, ftp server,
DNS server and centralize log. Thats during 1999 up to 2004 (the day I
resign)

With shell script I learn PHP4. Buy a book for dummies and learn from
friends. Just for my knowledge. Gila tul buat PHP without framework.

My next love is python. Learning its slowly due to my work load with projects.

Want to build something with cloud... :)

Morale of my story. Don't stop to learn programming. A lot can be
learn from any language that you learn and write and compile.

---------------

Team

What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
and flow of programming

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704

Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.

I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
learn programming.

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

darXness darXness
phew...1986?just born that year.hahaha

agreed.dont stop learning programming.today we know how to use
PHP5,tomorrow maybe PHP6.its something that moving with
technology.never be the same.

ps:u should make a book bout yourself En Haris.love to read it..:D

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Team
>
> Start myself with logo in year 1986 and later BASIC. Learn basic
> assembler during those day to hack my energy and shield for a game.
> Hehehe
>
> Hacking make us to learn programming.
>
> Upgrade myself to C during my Diploma study. Had a problem during that
> day. My C compiler on SVR4 Unix and others are using Windows. Hard for
> me to share the source. (how Im going to ftp?)
>
> During my work at a bank
>
> I learn basic Cobol for my work. Yep to adjust certain parameter and
> automation for my work. I had use NCR9800 VRX/E and DEC VMS. :)
>
> I had build a log monitoring using Visual Basic 3 and running it on
> Windows 3.1 I think.
>
> My main love is shell script. Loving doing it. Love to use it to
> automated daliy jobs. And we have build Documents Management System
> sharing between branches. The processing and compress with shell
> scripts and intergrated with HTTPS and htpasswd.
>
> Yes we had use Linux as our backend for the web server, ftp server,
> DNS server and centralize log. Thats during 1999 up to 2004 (the day I
> resign)
>
> With shell script I learn PHP4. Buy a book for dummies and learn from
> friends. Just for my knowledge. Gila tul buat PHP without framework.
>
> My next love is python. Learning its slowly due to my work load with projects.
>
> Want to build something with cloud... :)
>
> Morale of my story. Don't stop to learn programming. A lot can be
> learn from any language that you learn and write and compile.
>

> ---------------
>

> Team
>
> What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
> and flow of programming
>
> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704
>
> Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.
>
> I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
> learn programming.

> OSDC.my Discussion Group In Facebook
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/osdcmalaysia/
>
> Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012
> MOSC2012 http://portal.mosc.my/

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Book, hehehe will be soon. :)

Hmm during years 86-89 we do had programming competition between
computer clubs around Kuala Lumpur.

One day event with schedule like

1) In the morning we had theory exam and quiz about programming language.

2) and another team will write a program base on any language whole day.

at the end of the day we compile the teams marks and select the winner
from the highest point. we never win but we could meet aweks.. hehehe
my school is only a boys only school.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM, darXness darXness <[hidden email]> wrote:

> phew...1986?just born that year.hahaha
>
> agreed.dont stop learning programming.today we know how to use
> PHP5,tomorrow maybe PHP6.its something that moving with
> technology.never be the same.
>
> ps:u should make a book bout yourself En Haris.love to read it..:D
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Team
>>
>> Start myself with logo in year 1986 and later BASIC. Learn basic
>> assembler during those day to hack my energy and shield for a game.
>> Hehehe
>>
>> Hacking make us to learn programming.
>>
>> Upgrade myself to C during my Diploma study. Had a problem during that
>> day. My C compiler on SVR4 Unix and others are using Windows. Hard for
>> me to share the source. (how Im going to ftp?)
>>
>> During my work at a bank
>>
>> I learn basic Cobol for my work. Yep to adjust certain parameter and
>> automation for my work. I had use NCR9800 VRX/E and DEC VMS. :)
>>
>> I had build a log monitoring using Visual Basic 3 and running it on
>> Windows 3.1 I think.
>>
>> My main love is shell script. Loving doing it. Love to use it to
>> automated daliy jobs. And we have build Documents Management System
>> sharing between branches. The processing and compress with shell
>> scripts and intergrated with HTTPS and htpasswd.
>>
>> Yes we had use Linux as our backend for the web server, ftp server,
>> DNS server and centralize log. Thats during 1999 up to 2004 (the day I
>> resign)
>>
>> With shell script I learn PHP4. Buy a book for dummies and learn from
>> friends. Just for my knowledge. Gila tul buat PHP without framework.
>>
>> My next love is python. Learning its slowly due to my work load with projects.
>>
>> Want to build something with cloud... :)
>>
>> Morale of my story. Don't stop to learn programming. A lot can be
>> learn from any language that you learn and write and compile.
>>

>> ---------------
>>

>> Team
>>
>> What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
>> and flow of programming
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704
>>
>> Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.
>>
>> I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
>> learn programming.

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

sweemeng ng
Make me wonder what happen with Computer Education in Malaysia

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Book, hehehe will be soon. :)

Hmm during years 86-89 we do had programming competition between
computer clubs around Kuala Lumpur.

One day event with schedule like

1) In the morning we had theory exam and quiz about programming language.

2) and another team will write a program base on any language whole day.

at the end of the day we compile the teams marks and select the winner
from the highest point. we never win but we could meet aweks.. hehehe
my school is only a boys only school.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM, darXness darXness <[hidden email]> wrote:
> phew...1986?just born that year.hahaha
>
> agreed.dont stop learning programming.today we know how to use
> PHP5,tomorrow maybe PHP6.its something that moving with
> technology.never be the same.
>
> ps:u should make a book bout yourself En Haris.love to read it..:D
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Team
>>
>> Start myself with logo in year 1986 and later BASIC. Learn basic
>> assembler during those day to hack my energy and shield for a game.
>> Hehehe
>>
>> Hacking make us to learn programming.
>>
>> Upgrade myself to C during my Diploma study. Had a problem during that
>> day. My C compiler on SVR4 Unix and others are using Windows. Hard for
>> me to share the source. (how Im going to ftp?)
>>
>> During my work at a bank
>>
>> I learn basic Cobol for my work. Yep to adjust certain parameter and
>> automation for my work. I had use NCR9800 VRX/E and DEC VMS. :)
>>
>> I had build a log monitoring using Visual Basic 3 and running it on
>> Windows 3.1 I think.
>>
>> My main love is shell script. Loving doing it. Love to use it to
>> automated daliy jobs. And we have build Documents Management System
>> sharing between branches. The processing and compress with shell
>> scripts and intergrated with HTTPS and htpasswd.
>>
>> Yes we had use Linux as our backend for the web server, ftp server,
>> DNS server and centralize log. Thats during 1999 up to 2004 (the day I
>> resign)
>>
>> With shell script I learn PHP4. Buy a book for dummies and learn from
>> friends. Just for my knowledge. Gila tul buat PHP without framework.
>>
>> My next love is python. Learning its slowly due to my work load with projects.
>>
>> Want to build something with cloud... :)
>>
>> Morale of my story. Don't stop to learn programming. A lot can be
>> learn from any language that you learn and write and compile.
>>

>> ---------------
>>

>> Team
>>
>> What Programming Language you start with? The one you learn the logic
>> and flow of programming
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=2322588064704
>>
>> Its in Facebook Q&A module. Just for fun. You can answer by reply this email.
>>
>> I never know  MIRC have script. Thats good, we can use any lang. to
>> learn programming.

Just a random living organic computer code generator

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
Yes, I feel sad. Computer syllabus today for primary and secondary
schools make us as a users not as a programmers or technical person.

Anyone, do you learn how to calculate numbers using only 0 and 1 and
later convert to Hex.

Do you learn logic with LOGO.

Do you learn Arithmetic Reasoning for * / + -

Yes math and english are needed and a must to learn programming language.

We, my generation, learn it in form 1. (me lambat sikit form 2 in 1986)

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Make me wonder what happen with Computer Education in Malaysia

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The oneyoulearn the logic and flow of programming

myusnizam
FYI smkts.net/czul/sy_ictl.html
Sent via BlackBerry® 9700

 youlearn the logic and flow of programming

Yes, I feel sad. Computer syllabus today for primary and secondary
schools make us as a users not as a programmers or technical person.

Anyone, do you learn how to calculate numbers using only 0 and 1 and
later convert to Hex.

Do you learn logic with LOGO.

Do you learn Arithmetic Reasoning for * / + -

Yes math and english are needed and a must to learn programming language.

We, my generation, learn it in form 1. (me lambat sikit form 2 in 1986)

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Make me wonder what happen with Computer Education in Malaysia

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The oneyoulearn the logic and flow of programming

Harisfazillah Jamel-2
OK cun. Lama tak nampak perkara ini.

Thanks for the info.....

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> FYI smkts.net/czul/sy_ictl.html

Re: [osdcmy] What Programming Language you start with? The one youlearn the logic and flow of programming

Ghodmode
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM, sweemeng ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Make me wonder what happen with Computer Education in Malaysia

Do you think it's a problem with Computer Education in Malaysia?

I think it's a benefit of the IT field, and programming specifically.  My reason for working in IT is that I must always continue learning.  It keeps it interesting.

I don't think schools could keep up anyway.  It's the same in the US.  Schools can't keep up with trends in programming.  If they tried, it would be an unstable curriculum, changing course materials every semester.

--
Ghodmode
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog

12